Thursday, January 12, 2012

Vegetarian Chorizo Pizza



This is my favorite vegetarian pizza! My awesome sister Donna gave me this recipe! My husband and I both agreed that you really can't tell that the chorizo is not sausage! So yummy!

Vegetarian Chorizo Pizza

Whole Wheat Pizza dough (I use Trader Joes)
1 cupish medium salsa (I like to use Costco's Kirkland salsa)
1 package tofu chorizo (I use Trader Joes)
1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
1/3 cup black olives, sliced
1 cupish shredded mozzarella cheese

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Take the chorizo out of the wrapping and heat in a skillet over medium high heat until browned. Roll out your pizza dough to a size that will fit your pizza pan. Spread on the salsa for your sauce. Next add the chorizo, red bell pepper, and olives on top of the salsa. Finally cover with mozzarella cheese. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Let sit for five minutes. Slice and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment